Multiple camera control inputs at the same time (is it possible ?)

Hello everyone,

I’m testing Rhino for the second time and liking it a lot, so I started my usual process of figuring out the most I can about the interface before delving more into the actual functions.

I noticed that you can’t input any other camera control while right click orbiting.
I whish I could zoom in or out at the same time with the scroll wheel, this could do wonder for workflow.

Every other camera input (pan, move, rotate, etc) that would also be allowed at the same time would be icing on the cake.

I was about try my luck writing an Autohotkey script that interrupts/enables orbit and let the other commands registers, but I thought I’d rather ask you guys first; maybe there is a variable or something hidden somewhere, that would allow such things in Rhino ?

Thanks for you help !

Hi Antoine - you may want to try a 3dConnexion device. (Space Mouse etc)

-Pascal

I may be misunderstanding, but you might try using modifier keys while right-click dragging: CTRL will zoom, and SHIFT will pan.

Hello Pascal, I have been eying those things for a long time, but ruled out that they might not integrate very well with my heavy use of Autohotkey.

They are a blast to try, but I have been led to believe a huge part of their appeal lies in certain software limitations. Their secondary use, funnily enough, seems to be space sim video games; everyone that has played one of those games knows how being able to input a lot of axis at the same time is valuable.

So their use is undisputable, but should CAD software offer the same liberty of movement as those games, I doubt they would be as popular.

Long winded two cents there :slight_smile:

Thanks for your suggestion. My goal would be to merge all of those seamlessly.

For exemple:
not orbit then zoom
but orbit + zoom all in one motion.

Zooming being distinct “clicks” and not an “analog” process (sorry, not a native english speaker), I have good hope that an Autohotkey script will be able to interrupt orbit, insert a zoom command, then resume orbit fast enough so that it doesn’t stutters or get weird.

Thanks.