Metal pavilion design

Hi all,

I am attaching herewith three references of a pavilion. I have to design a conceptual space for recreational activities, area about 600 sq ft. in a rectangular or a circular shape, ideally using metal linear structs or MS sheet. It has to be an executable design. Could you please help me with some resources/grasshopper scripts/links that might help me to start off with it.

Well … I had a spiritual contact with the greatest ever ( Mies van der Rohe) on that matter.

Said the Master: why?

Said the Lord (me): Master, what about this?

Said the Master: Less is more.

1 Like

Looks rather Frei Otto-esque

1 Like

An occupance of 50 people, more computational. Not at all Frei Otto.
The material is metal so nothing tensile.

Metal eh? Ideal for thermal behavior and acoustics I confess.

BTW: To call all membranes Frei Otto things is kinda calling any car a Model T (or any rocket a V1).

Get real!

1. This is not a do-my-work-for-me group
    Many of us like to help, but it’s good to see effort on our part being matched by effort on your part. Questions in the form of “I need to do X but cannot be bothered to try and learn the software” will (and should) go unanswered.

Similarly, questions in the form of “How do I quickly recreate this facade that took a team of skilled professionals four months to figure out?” have a very low success rate.

4 Likes

I find the following (or similar) resources are a great place to start. Don’t attempt Grasshopper until you have settled on a concept.

8 Likes

You can use this type of tutorials and learn how to do it, you have to download weavebird
http://www.giuliopiacentino.com/weaverbird/

I wasn’t referring to your post

I’m not sure if you’re being an arse or not so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, but it is clear that my comment wasn’t referring to all membrane structures. It was referring to yours.

1 Like

You’re walking on dangerous grounds here, @robinp! Better not anger the Grasshopper gods, if you direly need their blessing!!

5 Likes