MeshOutline distance - curve

I have a large scale scene, (Template large scale, meters) and want to create a meshoutline from objects that are far from the camera (2000+m). I’ve tried a variety of options to see if I can influence the distance at which the meshoutline is created, but it always results in a tiny curve, around 3m from the camera.

The problem is that the resulting curve is small (~0.3m width) from objects that are 100’s meters across in the model. This seems to create a curve that has a loss of fidelity against the “source” meshes.
Increasing the units/tolerance settings has given some relief, but I imagine that the “projection” of the meshoutline so far from the objects and close to the camera is main culprit.
I’ve also tried to change the camera target distance and creating a cplane at the mesh objects, but this doesn’t influence the results.
Is there a way to set the distance for the meshoutline, or another way to outline a mesh/polysurface/solid in a perspective view?

kind reagrds,
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang - can you post a simple example or send to tech@mcneel.com to my attention, with a link back here in your comments?

-Pascal