Actually the problem is due to the crv start being on the mesh. I had tested a different seam, but without thinking I entered 0.5 as new parameter which rotated the seam by 180° so the circle start pt was always on the mesh.
If the seam pt is different the intersections are found correctly.
Actually the points that are shown in your screenshot are two distinct points (very close to each other). When the circle start pt is on the mesh then the component just fails to return any intersection.
But this is more understandable as many intersection operations have problems with overlapping / coincident parts.
Windows 10.0.19044 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)
Computer platform: DESKTOP
Standard graphics configuration.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (NVidia) Memory: 8GB, Driver date: 10-13-2021 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 472.39
> Accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display attached to adapter port #0
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
Graphics level being used: OpenGL 4.6 (primary GPU’s maximum)
Anti-alias mode: 8x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High
Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: NA
Driver Version: NA
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 8 GB
Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
C:\Users\marco\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\EleFront\4.2.2\ElefrontProperties.rhp “ElefrontProperties” 220.127.116.11
I found out that the problem only occurs with smaller tolerances (0.0001 mm instead of 0.001). In that case when the seam point is on the mesh the intersection is failing (while if the seam is elsewhere it works).