Linked Blocks and Cloud Storage

Hi all,

Forgive me if this is a solved problem, I’m still pretty new to Rhino compared to other modeling software.

The essence of the problem is our company’s use of a cloud storage solution to host our files and how it is interacting with a file comprised of linked blocks that I’m attempting to set up.

If I insert a file as a linked block the file path is directed though my user folder to the cloud folder containing the desired file. If another user opens my top level file from their session, the path directs through my user folder and thus the link is broken and must be redirected, leading to a circular process of relinking the files every time a new user accesses the central file.

I’m wondering how other companies mitigate this issue since as far as I can tell there’s no way to add a wildcard early in the path direct that would ignore the user folder. My guess is other systems don’t run on this type of cloud service and instead work through a central server possibly integrating a PDM/PLM system to control access and revision history.