Lands Design - Rhino v8

Is there an expected arrival date for Lands Design on v8 of Rhino, or am I missing something?
Just upgraded from Rhino 6 to v8 and cannot see Lands Design in my plugins…
Any help greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi -

-wim

1 Like

Hi, we expect to release it until the end of the year. Hope you can manage working with Rhino 7 during this period.
Bests,

Hi, same problem here. How will the update work? will it be a free update or will it be a significantly improved version of landsdesign (together with update costs?)?

My understanding is that there will be a new version of Lands Design. When you upgrade, you’ll get access to new features and to Rhino 8 compatibility.

Exactly, the new version will come with cool new features besides the Rhino 8 support, and it won’t be free but there will be an upgrading price.
Regarding the release date, It will more likely be “on early 2024”. It is at final development stages but there are still some non-code stuff to finish (translation, documentation, web…) as well as further testing.

1 Like

Will there be WIP version for Landsdesign?

I don’t think so. Maybe a beta if the release takes too long, but at the moment it is not planned.

Hi there. As VA 3 Beta has been released for Rhino 8 do we have any news on Landsdesign 6 Beta for Rhino 8 versions?

1 Like

Hi, is there any update on the delivery date of Lands Design for Rhino 8?

Hi Tpepog, we are close.
There could be a “prerelease” version in the next days ready to be shared with a few users interested on trying it before the official release, that’s coming soon.
If any of you are interested in trying a prerelease, please write to lands@asuni.com

2 Likes

Hi,

Just bought an education licence. Do you know if the upgrade will be included or not?

Hi @julien2,

If you bought it now yes, the upgrade is included.

:smiley: :+1:

1 Like

@alfmelbev

Is there a cutoff date for eligibilty for upgrade? I bought in October thinking I would be able to use it with Rhino 8 but stuck with 7 for now :cry:

Hi @James_Gabarretta,

All users who bought it before January 2024 will have the opportunity to get a discount in the upgrade price for a period of time after the official release.

1 Like

Hi there. Any update on the release date? I sent you an email to be an early tester too, but still waiting for testing Lands on Rhino 8. :innocent:

1 Like

Hi Daniel, you and the others who have requested it will receive an email with the download link very soon.

2 Likes

Hi Danie,
Please send us an email, and we’ll provide you with the prerelease, privately.

I keep checking every day to see if Lands Design 6 has been released.

Could someone please put me out of my misery by letting me know where this will be announced and whether VisualARQ 3 will be released at the same time?

Thank you!

2 Likes