StructureCraft is expanding its team of design-fab specialists
StructureCraft is seeking an intermediate to senior level designer with 3-5+ years experience in computational design to join our team in Vancouver, BC.
We design and build some of the most interesting and creative timber structures throughout North America.
We work closely with architects, engineers, owners and general contractors to design, fabricate and construct carefully detailed structures in timber, steel, glass, concrete and other materials.
As we are a team of structural engineers, designers and craftsmen, we enjoy challenges which break new ground in sophistication and quality with new and challenging design concepts, complex geometry, materials and construction methods. In our workshop we often conduct full-scale structural testing and prototyping of our structures and connection ideas.
Our extensive experience with wood has won numerous international awards for innovation in timber design and construction. Our 30,000 sq.ft design office and fabrication facility is located in Vancouver, BC.
- 3-5 years 3D modelling experience in architectural, structural or industrial design
- Proficient in using Rhino and Grasshopper. Significant experience using algorithmic modelling and computational design techniques on building structures.
- Python/C#/VB scripting experience a plus
- Great understanding of design and construction sequence concepts
- Meticulous attention to detail. Highly organized with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience organizing design work and managing shifting priorities
- Revit/Dynamo, 3DMax, V-Ray, and Inventor
- 3D rendering and animation
- Working with large-format CNC machines
- Karamba structural analysis within Grasshopper
- Developing for web with Three.js
- 3D modelling from conceptual phase though to fabrication, assemblies and installation.
- ‘Design for fabrication’. We build everything we design, so prototyping and close interaction with shop floor and CNC machines is critical.
- Production of detailed drawings for approval, engineering and production.
- Lead design coordination with external teams, including some of the top architects in North America, as well as external engineers and contractors.
- Standardization of connections, fasteners & fabrication techniques to improve production efficiency
- Continual improvement of design & drafting process to improve efficiency and reduce design cycle times.
- Manage and prioritize tasks to meet scheduled deadlines
Interested? Please submit your resume, covering letter and portfolio to email@example.com with “Computational Designer” in the subject field.