Is Elefront 5.1.3 broke?

I do have so many issues with the Elefront 5.1.2 and 5.1.3 that looks to me that it is broken somehow?

For example if I do apply the slightest transformation to my geometries, Elefront Properties are not working anymore. Are it is not working if I do internalize the geometries.

In Elefront4 I didn’t had such problems.

It is possible to fix this issues?

Elefront_5.13_Broke.gh (9.2 KB)

Elefront_5.13_Broke.3dm (269.3 KB)

Hi, I mentioned this in another post, but in case anyone comes across this question independently I want to offer some insight.

When you transform the object, it is no longer the same as the object referenced in the document. You can see that here because it loses the GUID and the reference to the object.

eleFront 5 is a bit more deliberate in making sure you handle your attributes purposefully, so it is a bit less forgiving in these kinds of examples. It wants to make sure you know that when you change an object, you are actually creating a new one.

1 Like

Good to know, but what can be the fix? I do need to retrieve the objects attributes a few times down the line after I do apply different transformations.

Is the data tree structure changing? As long you aren’t doing operations that add items/branches (take 1 object to 4) its pretty straight forward to keep the attributes aligned branch wise. If you do add items then longest list would work in a simple case. This is workflow dependent, can you post more of the desired process?

You can detach the attributes from the referenced object, and then attach them to the transformed object, as below.

However, you should note that the new object is no longer a reference to a Rhino Object, which is why the Get Rhino Attributes component doesn’t work anymore. The warning says it only works on objects from the active document. Since the object you’ve got now has been changed, it’s not in the doc anymore, so you should use the eleFront Attributes component to get the information you want.

While this is different from v4, it’s designed to make the source and flow of information more explicit.

1 Like