Importing ghpythonlib induces "Grasshopper breakpoint"

For some reason when I try to do import ghpythonlib I get the following error/warning message:

If I click “Do not show this message again” it won’t appear again during that session, but if any of the ghpython components has this import statement then the user will get an error message every time Rhino and the script is opened again.

Same error happens with ghpython in Rhino 7 as well as Ironpython 2 and Python 3 scripting components in Rhino 8. Empty GH script and only this one code line in script editor. It hasn’t always been like this and in 2022 I remember using ghpythonlib all the time without any issues. At some point in 2023 the issues started and have remained since.

Anyone has any idea what might be causing this behaviour?

First make sure Rhino is running 8.5 or newer. The update should do that.

Then

1. Run the problem.
  2. In Rhino type “RhinoCodeLogs”
  3. Send us that log.

I hope that will give us enough information to see where the Python environment is failing across all the versions.

I have at the moment Rhino 8.5.24072.13001 and Rhino 7.36.23346.16351. The log from Rhino 8 is attached. Hope this helps.
ScriptEditor_Rhino8.log (14.0 KB)

@Lauri_Hautala Importing ghpythonlib effectively loads Grasshopper and all its plugins. I can not replicate this on my side and believe this might have something to do with Grasshopper plugins installed on your machine. Is it possible to test this with a fresh Rhino that does not have any plugins installed?

@eirannejad I don’t know if I would be able to get fresh Rhino on my computer as this is a work computer and I have very limited rights to do installations/uninstalls.

I can try to remove all GH plug-ins at some point and then put them back one by one.

1 Like