How to end command 1 before run command 2

There are two commands “C1” & “C2”. The two commands inherits from CRhinoScriptCommand. I run C1 command and run C2 command when C1 still running. How can I end command C1 before running C2?

There is no problem when the two commands inherits from CRhinoCommand. How to do when commands inherited from CRhinoScriptCommand?

Best Regards,
Vaker

Hi Vaker,

When you press the Esc key while a CRhinoScriptCommand command is running, only the currently running scripted command is canceled, not the entire command.

The workaround for this is for you plug-in to have a CRhinoEventWatcher object that overrides OnEndCommand(). When commands are ended, cache the CRhinoCommand::result code returned by the command. Then, check this code after calling RhinoApp().RunScript() to see if your command should continue.

Let me know if you need an example.

Hi Dale,

I want to enforce end C1 when C2 is beginning. I overrides ONBeginCommand(). When C2 is beginning, program cache the event and enforce end C1. Is is right?

Please give me an example.
Thank you.

Hi Vaker,

See if this example helps:

https://github.com/mcneel/Rhino5Samples_CPP/blob/master/SampleCommands/cmdSampleScripter.cpp

Dale Fugier
Rhinoceros Development
Robert McNeel & Associates

Hi Dale,

Thank you for example. But this is not I wanted.

Command 1 and command 2 are not called in the same RunCommand()…I do not know when command 1 or command 2 begin running.
I use CRhinoEventWatcher:: OnBeginCommand() to cache the event. If the last command is still running, I will stop the last command. I do not know how to end command.(use what function?)
See the sample code:

class CSampleScriptCancelHelper : public CRhinoEventWatcher
{
public:
  CSampleScriptCancelHelper();
  ~CSampleScriptCancelHelper();

CRhinoCommand::result LastCommandResult() const;

public:
    void OnBeginCommand( const CRhinoCommand& command, const CRhinoCommandContext& context );
    void OnEndCommand( const CRhinoCommand& command, const CRhinoCommandContext& context, CRhinoCommand::result rc );

private:
    int m_iCallCommand;
    const CRhinoCommand* m_pLastCommand;
};

CSampleScriptCancelHelper::CSampleScriptCancelHelper()
{
  m_iCallCommand = 0;
  m_pLastCommand = NULL;
}

CSampleScriptCancelHelper::~CSampleScriptCancelHelper()
{
  m_iCallCommand = 0;
  m_pLastCommand = NULL;
}

void CSampleScriptCancelHelper::OnBeginCommand( const CRhinoCommand& command, const CRhinoCommandContext& context )
{
  m_iCallCommand++;
  if ( m_iCallCommand > 1 )
  {
     **How to stop m_pLastCommand??**
  }
  else
    m_pLastCommand = &command;
}

void CSampleScriptCancelHelper::OnEndCommand( const CRhinoCommand& command, const CRhinoCommandContext& context, CRhinoCommand::result rc )
{
  m_iCallCommand = 0;
}

About the only think you can do programatically to cancel a running command is post a “!” character using CRhinoApp::RunScript. For example:

RhinoApp().RunScript( L"!", 0 );

There are no guarantees this will work, as the command might not be in a state where it can be canceled.

About the only think you can do programatically to cancel a running command
is post a “!” character using CRhinoApp::RunScript. For example:

RhinoApp().RunScript( L"!", 0 );

There are no guarantees this will work, as the command might not be in a
state where it can be canceled.

Dale Fugier
Rhinoceros Development
Robert McNeel & Associates

OK
Thank you.