Hello everyone!
What’s the way to creat a Grasshopper components that can be added at input, added at output, optional at input and optional at battery?
Thank you in advance for your answer!
You must implement the IGH_VariableParameterComponent interface to get addable/removable inputs and outputs.
To add items into the menu of components, override the AppendAdditionalComponentMenu method. Or something much like it, I don’t remember exactly what it’s called.
Hey,
Here is a sample template were I show you how to implement in a basic level IGH_VariableParameterComponent interface as well as how to override the AppendAdditionalComponentMenu method.
I simplified it from a version I had written, unfortunately I did not compile this new version to see if it is error free, but I am sure it works (:
You can find the documentation of the IGH_VariableParameterComponent interface here
MyFirstZUIComponent.cs (6.2 KB)
Thank you for your reply! Let me know where to start.
Just make a gh component in visual studio:
namespace { } , inside the file that comes by default with the templateIf you have never done this before check here: