How to add buildings to data brought in from cadmapper using Rhino 8

im trying to create a site analysis using Rhino 8 I have used cadmapper to bring in the building information but the buildings are not the correct height or correct shape on plot.

I have tried to use planarsurface to be able to re-create the buildings but the message i keep getting this message " No faces were made. Curves must form closed planar loops".
I am not sure what this means, can someone please suggest what I need to do?

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine - please post a file with some - not the whole site - example objects that behave unexpecctedly.

-Pascal

As I recall, Cadmapper has an option to include building heights if they are available in the database. There is also an option to set a specific height for buildings when no data is available. However, if you prefer to do it manually in Rhino, you can select the layer that contains the building areas within the layers panel, and then use the “planarsrf” or “extrudecrv”

The building I am trying to rebuild is the curves in red in the middle of the screen. I created the lines but then I try planarsurface and then I get this comment

If you see at the top left command area: No Faces Were Made…

Not sure what this means

Lorraine

Sandra,

thank you… yes I tried creating my own building and tried creating planarsurface and after that I was going to extrudesurface but I received a message on the command area:

I added a screen shot of the message it gave me when I tried to create a planarsurface…

Lorraine

Select the curves you want to extrude and then command closecrv🤔
Maybe works

BTW you can upload the file so I can check

Sandra

I tried to cap it …
Look at the message the command section gave me.

Lorraine

Use SetPt with only the z option to make the z coordinate of all the points in the curve on the same height. That should make the curve planar.

-Pascal