How do I unlink (un-tether?) viewports in 4view in Rhino 8 Beta?

By default, in Rhino 8 Beta, when I’m in 4view and I pan any of the 2d viewports, the others 2d viewports move with it, maintaining alignment to each other.

How do I make this stop? I can see how it would be handy in some cases, and especially in layouts, but I’m very accustomed to working without this feature?

The button to do this is in your Viewport Layout toolbar - “Toggle linked views”

The macro behind it is '-_Options _View _LinkedViewports _Enter _Enter

This looks to be broken on the Mac… also the option checkbox make no difference …

[Does it needs to be reported in a separate thread… or is it kind of ok to squeeze it into here ?]

Hi Akash -

That seems to work fine here - which version are you running at this point?
-wim

thanks for looking into this
I’m on
that should be the latest public AFAIK

Now running that same version and both the toolbar button that Mitch mentioned, and the setting in the Options seem to work fine.

I guess your complete SystemInfo is in order.
-wim

Tested both [after restart] also on a new file with just a box.
same …

But ! I’m testing with the [thing you don’t like…] 3Dconnexion device. and so the issue is in there only.
the Linked viewports is working if I pan the view with the trackpad .
It used to work fine with the 3DX device in R7… [unless my memory is incorrect, as I don’t have R7 to check]

Regardless here’s System info

Summary

Rhino 8 SR0 2023-9-28 (Rhino 8 BETA, 8.0.23271.13234, Git hash:master @ 4acd4a788d5f9e7999c3d49c07cdd2f60038b920)
License type: Commercial, build 2023-09-28
License details: Cloud Zoo
Expires on: 2023-11-12

Apple macOS Version 13.5.2 (Build 22G91) (Physical RAM: 96Gb)
Mac Model Identifier: Mac14,6
Language: en-TH (MacOS default)
.NET 7.0.0

Metal GPU Family Apple 7
Metal GPU Family Common 3
Metal GPU Family Mac 2
Graphics processors
Apple M2 Max
Color LCD (1728 x 1117 @ 120.00Hz)
Sidecar Display (1366 x 1024 @ 60.00Hz)

USB devices
Generic: USB3.0 Card Reader
VLI Inc.: USB 2.0 BILLBOARD
Wacom Co.,Ltd.: Wacom Intuos Pro M
3Dconnexion: SpaceMouse Enterprise
VIA Labs, Inc. : USB Billboard Device

Bluetooth devices
None

Third party kernel extensions
None

Third party plugins
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftCore.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftCoreFoundation.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftDarwin.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftDispatch.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftIOKit.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftObjectiveC.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftXPC.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswift_Concurrency.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswift_StringProcessing.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftos.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswift_RegexParser.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftMetal.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftsimd.dylib
/Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework/Versions/A/3DconnexionClient
/usr/lib/usd/libIex.dylib
/usr/lib/usd/libHalf.dylib
/usr/lib/usd/libAlembic.dylib
/usr/lib/usd/libusd_ms.dylib
/usr/lib/usd/libosdCPU.dylib
/usr/lib/usd/libImath.dylib
/usr/lib/usd/libIlmThread.dylib
/usr/lib/usd/libIexMath.dylib
/usr/lib/usd/libtbb.dylib
/usr/lib/usd/libMaterialXCore.dylib
/usr/lib/usd/libMaterialXFormat.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftAVFoundation.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftCoreAudio.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftCoreLocation.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftCoreMIDI.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftCoreMedia.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftQuartzCore.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftUniformTypeIdentifiers.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftNetwork.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftCryptoTokenKit.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftCoreGraphics.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftOSLog.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftAccelerate.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftAppKit.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftCoreImage.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftCompression.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftFileProvider.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftIntents.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftPrivate_BiomePubSub.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftPrivate_BiomeStreams.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftExtensionFoundation.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftCoreML.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftVision.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftDemangle.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftSystem.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftExtensionKit.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftRegexBuilder.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftWebKit.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftGLKit.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftMapKit.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftModelIO.dylib
/usr/lib/swift/libswiftSceneKit.dylib
/Users/akashlotan/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/MacPlugIns/bella_rhino.rhp/libbella_dotnet_native.dylib
/Users/akashlotan/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/MacPlugIns/DatasmithRhino7.rhp/DatasmithFacadeCSharp.dylib
/Users/akashlotan/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/MacPlugIns/DatasmithRhino7.rhp/libtbbmalloc.dylib
/Users/akashlotan/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/packages/8.0/IntelDenoiser/0.6.7/libtbb.12.dylib
/Users/akashlotan/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/packages/8.0/IntelDenoiser/0.6.7/libOpenImageDenoise.1.4.3.dylib
/usr/lib/log/liblog_network.dylib

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
/Users/akashlotan/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/MacPlugIns/bella_rhino.rhp “Bella” 23.4.0.0
/Users/akashlotan/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/MacPlugIns/DatasmithRhino7.rhp “Datasmith Exporter” 5.3.0.0
/Users/akashlotan/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/packages/8.0/IntelDenoiser/0.6.7/IntelDenoiser.Mac.rhp “IntelDenoiser.Mac” 1.0.0.0

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhMaterialEditor.framework “Renderer Development Kit” 8.0.23271.1002
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/Commands.rhp “Commands” 8.0.23271.13234
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/PlugIns/NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots” 8.0.23271.1002
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/RhinoCodePlugin.rhp “RhinoCodePlugin” 8.0.23271.13234
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/RDK_EtoUI.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 8.0.23271.13234
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/MeshCommands.rhp “MeshCommands” 8.0.23271.13234
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/RhinoRenderCycles.rhp “Rhino Render” 8.0.23271.13234
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 8.0.23271.13234
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/PlugIns/AnimationTools.rhp “AnimationTools” 8.0.23271.1002
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/PlugIns/SectionTools.rhp “SectionTools” 8.0.23271.1002
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/PlugIns/Displacement.rhp “Displacement” 8.0.23271.1002
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/PlugIns/PanelingTools.rhp “PanelingTools” 8.0.23271.1002
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/RhinoDLR_Python.rhp “IronPython” 8.0.23271.13234
/Applications/RhinoBETA.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/GrasshopperPlugin.rhp “Grasshopper” 8.0.23271.13234

BTY it would be great to devise a system that will auto link System Info to user’s … [with user consent] You probably asks for it 100 times a day …

thanks a lot

Thanks. That fixed it.

Was linking the default before Rhino 8 too, or is this new? It’s entirely possible I dealt with this once years ago, forgot about it, and then just kept importing my options until maybe this time this particular option didn’t successfully import?

As far as I can tell, it’s not default in the Beta - at least not in my default schemes here… Maybe you accidentally set it somehow?

If I accidentally set it, it must’ve happened in some kind of bug after running _OptionsImport, because all I had done when I noticed it was install the beta and run options import, and it would have to be a glitch because the options I imported weren’t set to link viewports.