How do I create my own folders in Render Libraries?

Hi all,
I am trying to figure out the process for creating my own folders within Render LIbraries.
I thought I’d be able to right-click or use a dropdown to create a folder.

Also, I thought I’d find the materials I’ve created in a file in there somewhere, too.

So: How do I create a my own folder that shows up in Render Libraries? I may be missing something obvious, but read over the manual & tried making my own folder (“Tiles”) but cannot see it.

What’s the secret? :slight_smile:

Hi @Andrew_Turner ,

The custom folders you set will be in this icon…

The Materials panel will have the materials used in the document.

1 Like

Morning Brian - thanks -
I’m not seeing the custom folder I created (“Tiles”). Maybe I’m missing a step somewhere?

What version of Rhino are you using and on what OS… the SystemInfo command will tell both. Make sure the folder still exists too.

Version 8 SR3
(8.3.24009.15001, 2024-01-09)
Commercial

Not sure how to check for the existence of my custom folder, other than the preferences dialog (I haven’t going digging around in system files)

thanks

I think you’re on Windows from the screenshots and this should work. I see you have a folder called Tiles that you added as a custom folder. Does that folder still exist in the same location it did when you set that folder as a custom folder for the Render libraries? I think you might have added a folder and then renamed it to Tiles but the folder location was never set. Use the … icon and then browse to and find the folder on your computer. Was that it? Note the name will have a path relative to the drives on your computer.

1 Like

Hi Brian -

I just started from scratch, including creating the “Tiles folder”, and can’t seem to get the folder to show up in the Render Libraries panel:

It should be in the ‘hamburger’ icon at the top right of the Render Libraries panel after you accept the change in the Options dialog.