Honeybee failed to download the files needed to run EnergyPlus with Openstudio error

Honeybee failed to download the files needed to run EnergyPlus with Openstudio error

See this thread and solution:

Note, please ask your LB|HB questions on the forum for the Ladybug Tools.

I am facing this problem in honeybee

1. Failed to download the files needed to run EnergyPlus with OpenStudio 2.x.
    SystemError(‘The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.’,)
  2. Failed to download the files needed to PostProcess EnergyPlus results with OpenStudio 2.x.
    SystemError(‘The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.’,)

any help plz
fatima

Is this HB legacy or HB+?
As explained in the link that I posted above, the versions of LB|HB legacy that you can find on food4rhino have fixes for the TLS issue (Github updated the security protocol a while ago).

To update HB+, see this post:

And, again, you are more likely to get good support for your LB|HB issues if you post your question on that forum!

How about extending

with a point about the lb forum?
You have to post this nearly every day at least once.

I have no reason to believe that any new users actually read the post that you refer to before posting their first question. Pretty much every day someone links to exactly that post… ;ø]

Yes of course. I post it at least once a day. But if it includes the point about lb, I don‘t have to post two links :smiley:

Dear chris,
thank you for your reply, but the problem is not fixed yet.
notice that I have the honeybee not the HB+. The one that I have downloaded is that:
Remove_Ladybug_and_Honeybee.zip (4.1 KB)

based on your reply I have downloaded the [LBHB_Plus_Installer_032018.gh 2]
LBHB_Plus_Installer_032018.gh
and I have put it true the I have open the glare analysis file again but still have the same errors

1. Failed to download the files needed to run EnergyPlus with OpenStudio 2.x.
  2. Failed to download the files needed to PostProcess EnergyPlus results with OpenStudio 2.x.
    Any help?? Could you kindly be more specific and explain the steps that I should do it???
    Please reply as soon as possible because I am a PhD student and I need to work on it now.
    Thank you so much for your help
    Best regards
    FATIMA B.

In that case, you really need to post this at the Ladybug Tools forum:

Thank you for your reply okay I will,
But should I download the HB+ and replaced by the Honey bee that I have or no?
FATIMA.B

No, if you need HB, you should use HB and not HB+. They can coincide in your definitions but the components cannot work together.

To get a fixed HB version, download it from:

Yes I have already download it from here and i choose the ( ladybug0066honeybee0063.zip (3.7 MB)

but still facing the same error… I am confused
so since I want to work on HB not HB+ so the LBHB_Plus_Installer_032018.gh
will not help me in this case right??
FATIMA.B

That’s correct, yes.

It seems that the errors are solved finally…
I have downloaded the Update Ladybug and Honeybee and put it as true and open again the HB and no errors appear.
But I have now the HB and HB+ ( since I have already download LBHB_Plus_Installer_032018.gh) in the grasshopper is it okay with this? or it will cause later on problems?notice that I have delete the LBHB_Plus_Installer_032018.gh but still appearing
also could you kindly tell me what is the main difference between HB and HB+
Thank you sooo much for your time, help and your fast response. It is really appreciate it
Best regards
FATIMA B.

See this article on Github:

oh thank you! it seems that the HB+ will be more helpful and easier.
so now how could I replace HB by HB plus and is it okay to have them both in grasshopper? should I remove HB or I could keep it also? notice that When I have download the LBHB_Plus_Installer_032018.gh in grasshopper HB and HBplus appear.
Best Regards
FATIMA.B