HELP- moving a license between teams

Hi Folks,
as in the subject I’m asking if is it possible to move a license from one team to another.
If yes how it could be done?

@Helvetosaur I’m sure you know it, pls help me.

Thanks

Is this cloud zoo? If so, whichever user(s) own the group can remove the license from the group.

The trick might be making sure that you know exactly what happens once it’s no longer assigned to the group any more (such as if someone misplaced the license key).

That’s something to hit Helvetosaur or the McNeel support team up for.

Yes, I think it’s just as simple as going into the first team, deleting the license, going into the second team and pasting it in. As it’s in the same account, there shouldn’t be any validation problem…

If the license is currently in use by a team member in the first team, you might get a message that it’s not possible to delete the license. In that case you will need to contact the user of the license and get them to close Rhino.

1 Like

I know you know it!
Thanks!

@brian would it be possible to add a button to simply transfer the licenses between teams on the same accounts? Thanks

It’s possible, but may be a while before we do it. You currently don’t need to delete the licenses first; all you have to do is add the license to the new team, and it will get removed automatically from the original team.

3 Likes