HATCH wishes: Simplify + lower tolerance

Hi guys, working with hatches is becoming better and better all the time, so thansk for that!
(I tag @pascal and @wim here since you are the wish masters :wink: )

I wish for:
- SimplifyHatch a command that works JUST like SimplifyCrv, so we can remove controlpoints we don’t need.
- InsertKink to work for hatches too.
- Low tolerance an override tolerance feature where we can get a hatch from the “curve boolean” preview when we use the Boundry option on complex curve inputs. Hatch fails way to often on complex data because of overlapping stuff etc, but hatches are never used for modelling, only for visual purposes, so if the tolerance is low then that is SO much better than not getting a hatch. And it is really annoying to get a nice preview only for the command to fail when a real hatch is calculated. IMO hatch should never fail as long as the input yields a closed area.

Please please, pretty please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Jorgen – I guess the first two can be ‘handled’ for now using History when you create the hatch, correct?

-Pascal

Partly, but this isn’t about workarounds. I presume I can make my own rebuilder too, I just think it would be benefiting for all for hatches to evolve even further.

1 Like

Yep, understood, those were shot-term suggestions, I will get these on the pile.
-Pascal

1 Like