Grasshopper2 in Rhino8

Hello,

I recently bought Rhino8 licence. I’m trying to get Grasshopper2 WIP running in Rhino8 but I only get to the message where it says that

You need to update Grasshopper2 every 45 days.

I was wondering if it should be possible to run Grasshopper2 WIP in Rhino8 or if I need to install Rhino8 WIP as well to be able to run it. If that’s the case I think it should be made available for Rhino8 sooner rather than later since a lot of people will switch over to v8 soon and a lot of potential testers will be lost then. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Erik

1 Like

Hej Erik -

I’m running Grasshopper 2 in Rhino 8:

In the package manager, which version of Grasshopper 2 is currently installed on your system?
-wim

1 Like

Hi @wim, thanks for your quick reply!

To be honest, I haven’t tried GH2 before (on Rhino8 WIP) so I’m not completely sure what it should look like. I’ve installed GH2 with the package manager like this

when I run the command _G2 in the Rhino command line I get this propt:

Did I do something wrong?

Erik

1 Like

Hi Erik -

Something went wrong somewhere - you are running an older version of G2:

Did you just install this for the very first time today or was that done earlier at some point?
-wim

1 Like

Hi again,

just installed Rhino8 and gh2 for the first time yesterday. When I use the package manager to install gh2 the latest version I can find there is 2.0.8671-wip.20641 which seems to be an earlier version than the one you have, so I think we’ve found the problem.

So the problem seem to be that the package manager is not able to find the latest build of gh2 in my case. Is it possible to download gh2 from outside the package manager and install it?

Best,
Erik

Hi @wim, your version of G2 doesn’t show up on my side either :

It might be because I did not find any way to update to Rhino 8.1 on my mac (see Cannot change to Service Release Candidate Channel -> RH8)

1 Like

There was a bit of a rush releasing the latest version of gh2. I wanted to wait until tomorrow’s rhino 8 service release candidate goes out, but due to the expiration I couldn’t wait.

I thought I picked a Rhino sdk which had already been released to target, but it’s possible I got my numbers mixed up.

Are you okay waiting until tomorrow’s Rhino8 SR1 release candidate or do you need this fixed today?

I see! No problems, I’m very fine waiting until tomorrow! :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Erik

I didn’t even realize I wasn’t running the latest :thinking:

Where’s the upgrade button :sweat_smile: