Grasshopper curves attractor

Hello,
I’m finding a way to make a similar surface as I attached, with the help of a curve attractor.
I don’t know how to make that.
Anyone can please help me?

Thank you!

one way is to use these curves to create ruled surfaces in-between, and round off the ridges
some ridges seem to disappear because the “z height” happens to be close to the tangent of the surface

1 Like

Do you know this stone panel is carved out bit by bit to this shape, not lift up ridges. It is not formed by real phyical tension, but by hands of craftman. Like the part near low center, you actually don’t know it is pump out or concave. It is a game of shadow and light. Only have top view is not enough information in this case. And this is the reason it is so difficult to model. Because the real geometry of this panel may not like you think in mind.

In short, I think it does look like a curve attractor. but by its nature, the closest way to model this panel is voxel.

2 Likes

Hello,
It’s amazing! thank you so much for responding.
Can you please let me know, which plugin did you used for the same?
I want to creat similar.

Thank you!

This is a plugin that I haven’t released yet. It is still on test. If you want to test it, please message me.

I’ve dropped the message.

Hello,
I hope you have received my message.

Hello, can you please let me know?
How did you make that with the help of that plugin?

Thank you!

Hello,
I’m finding a way to make a similar surface as I attached, with the help of a curve attractor.
I don’t know how to make that.
Anyone can please help me?

Thank you!

the only thing I can think about (and be sure: it does involves a lot of suffering and you won’t get anything smooth) is sweeps

like this:

many of them:

but you won’t get any of those nice and smooth transitions that look like an elastic fabric being pulled down (-Z)

But why can’t you porject the control points of a surface to those curves and move them in Z?