GH Player Not Working in VA?

I have tested GH Player with VA with simple scripting.
IFC properties are not assigned to geometry baked by GH Player.
Probably it’s not bug. I think it’s just current limitation with IFC component.

I hope bake-related functionality of VA will be more improved as quickly as possible. It doesn’t make sense to bake elements manually and assign properties such as IFC and section attribute one by one. I know that VA component are working with basic component from Grasshopper only, but please consider most users are using popular plug-in like Elefront.

Hi @archist97,

Currently, VisualARQ objects are not correctly created when using GH Player. The problem is that GH Player is not correctly handling third-party objects. I reported this bug to McNeel several months ago (https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-60825), and it seems this will be fixed in Rhino 8.

Again, I think this is an Elefront issue. I’ll try to contact them to see if we can make VisualARQ objects correctly baked when using Elefront’s Bake component.

In the meantime, here is a simple Bake component that I’ve written, using just a C# Script component (embedded in a cluster to use a custom icon). This Bake component should work with any object (Rhino, VisualARQ, or any other third-party plugin), as it just triggers the standard “GrasshopperBake” command.

VisualARQ-Bake.gh (7.9 KB)

This component also supports adding geometry to a specific layer. It is possible to extend this component to support the rest of the attributes.

Regards,

Enric

Thanks. It works fine.

It’s possible now to use GH Player with VisualARQ, which is very promising, and I decided to give it a try.
One thing I noticed is that I can’t use e.g. Wall as a Get Geometry Input.
The definition works fine in GH but executed by Grasshopper Player doesn’t produce the desired outcome. - in this case, doesn’t bake windows inside selected wall.

If I try to window select the wall for my Get Geometry (rectangle selection) Rhino says:
Cannot use these objects. Removing them from selection.

zrob okna.gh (6.7 KB)

Hi @Czaja, using VisualARQ objects as Get Geometry input is still not available, but we are working on that for future versions. I’ll keep you posted on this development.

1 Like

Hi.
Then, what can we do in 2.12 regarding Grasshopper player?
I have watched youtube video. It sounds like it’s possible to create VA slabs and columns through Grasshopper Player in 2.12. Do I misunderstand?

@archist97 that’s correct. The major improvement with the GH Player support is that you can generate VisualARQ objects out of a GH definition (not only walls and columns), which was not possible before.

The next step is to support VA objects as input geometry when you run the GH player to create new stuff.

Hi Francesc.
I tested Grasshopper Player support in VA with simple definition, but it’s not baked.
Is there something wrong in the definition?

Thanks.

GHP Test.gh (4.7 KB)

Hi @archist97, the definition is correct. You need Rhino 7 SR12 or later version to run VA with the GH player. Make sure you have the most recent Rhino version and try it again.

Thanks. It works fine now.
One more question here.
I defined IFC property as column in the definition, but baked geometry is just surface.
Thanks.

Hi @archist97 it looks like the ifc Type is ignored in this process. We will revise this!
Thanks!

Hi @Czaja,

I just want to let you know that we have just released VisualARQ 2.13, which fixes this problem you reported about VisualARQ objects being referenced with the Grasshopper Player.

You have all the information about this new version here: VisualARQ 2 - Version 2.13 released

Enjoy!

2 Likes

@archist97 we have fixed this issue in VisualARQ 2.13