Generative Morphologies V4.0 is an international workshop intended for architects, students of architecture and urbanism, professional designers, and artists exploring advanced contemporary algorithmic generative systems at a city’s urban scale. It’s aimed at establishing a platform of learning new techniques of design, production, and presentation.
Generative Morphologies V4.0 will computationally address “Morphologic Metropolis”, a growth and data driven phenomenon of the city as an ecological organism adapting to an environmental stimulus. The generative system is formulated with a general workflow that primarily focuses on Anemone (plug-in for Grasshopper), along with a range of techniques in a streamlined process across two major software platforms: Grasshopper and ZBrush.
This workshop will use McNeel Rhinoceros and Grasshopper 3D plug-ins, Pixologic ZBrush, Luxion KeyShot.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding of macro morphologies and adaptive architectural systems
- Introduction in Rhino, Grasshopper, ZBrush
- Introduction to generative design in Anemone, Cocoon, Octopus (plug-ins for Grasshopper)
- Introduction to mesh manipulation, texturing, optimization in ZBrush
- Introduction to mesh modeling in Grasshopper from points with Cocoon and smoothness in Weaverbird
- Strategies for 3D printing
- Visualization with Luxion KeyShot
- Discussions on project presentation
Vamsi Krishna Vemuri / India
Shridhar Mamidaala / India
Early registration until May 23, 2017
Late registration until June 23, 2017