Flowalongsrf accuracy

I want to project planar street curves into terrain and build asphalt roads as small extrusions (8cm). Projecting curves into terrain and patching gives bad result. I am extruding flat curves into 8cm tall solid and trying to use Flowalongsrf tool.

The result is good, however not accurate (you see that street parts in some elevated sides go under the ground). How can I achieve normal result?

I tried manipulating different settings, however the most accurate result is on the second screenshot.

The terrain in not so flat.

But the map contains more hilly parts, so I wonder how it will work on hillside.

i would extrude the 2d lines till they completely intersect with the terrain and use Intersect to create exact curves. anything else will be just a mess… mostly.

I want the streets be solids, not surfaces. Anyway, I will try extruding lines onto terrain then split the extrusion by copy of terrain which is 8cm higher. Thanks for idea.

Well, still the same inaccurate result. Can someone advise?

it is very difficult to join your journey if you dont share a file and more insight as to how you define inaccurate when intersections are as accurate as it can get.

1 Like

As you see in the rendered screenshot, the streets (which are mapped with asphalt) don’t lay over the white unmapped surface in continuous way.

I suspect that there is degrees mismatch. The surface has 100x100 control points and better detalization than roads which are made by 3 degree curves. However I cant reduce surface degree because it will become ugly, and also I can’t increase curves degree.because it will overload the memory.

I will send the file after I return home.