Fat Lines - Rhino WIP Print

HI @lowell

I’m using the latest version of the WIP and have noticed more issues with the fonts.
I read your last post again and don’t see as much of an issue with fonts showing up in annotation styles but there still are fonts that don’t belong,“polluting” list.

The more important problem I found is that the main font I use moves around and is not able to be made Bold, Medium or Light.

They sub-styles do appear in the annotation list but they don’t do much good as I cannot use them when creating text.

Other issues can be seen in the image as well (text location)

I’ve attached a small example from both V5 and the WIP

@jtrudeau - Is that with the WIP from yesterday?
Here’s what I get when I open the file you sent a couple of weeks ago in my current build with your font installed.
I also tried it without your font so Arial got substituted and the alignment looked right ?

@lowell

Yea, That’s with the WIP from yesterday. Nothing but the regular font was available. The Bold,light, etc… were in the annotation files. I tried assigning the " klavika bold" annotation style to the font and got the result in the lower left corner (the little A)

Not sure why all the problems are happening.

@lowell

Upon further inspection I realized the alignment problem only occurs when I import the template file (with all the symbols). It doesn’t happen when opened directly from a Rhino WIP file.

Also, in the edit text window under the style drop down a bunch of stuff shows up including annotation styles and other fonts in addition to Klavika styles (Bold, Medium, Light). I’m not sure exactly what styles the text editor should display and if it varies per font.

Thanks, see below for an example.

JRT

@jtrudeau - Since there were no styles for text in V5 and there are in V6, when we read a V5 file, we make a style for each configuration of text in the file. Different text heights with everything else the same are done with overrides and not more styles.
When I open your file, I get 4 new styles - one each for the fonts you used for text - Arial, Klavica Bd, Klavica Light Caps Tf, and Klavika Md.
There are 7 other styles that are directly from your V5 file
There are text objects using each of those Klavika variations and Arial in the file.
That seems to be correct to me.
If you see other styles being made in the bunch of stuff that you don’t think should be there, I can look if you tell me how to reproduce it.

I’m not clear on what your first paragraph about importing means. I imported your file into a random v6 file here and things looked right, but it may matter what file it’s imported into. That’s because if there are styles with the same names already in the main file, those will be used instead of the ones in the imported file.
I’d be happy to look at something there if you have a specific example.
Thanks,
Lowell

I messed with this a little more and I think I now see how to get the misalignment to happen
I’ll see what I can do.

Thanks @lowell, much appreciated.

Just started using V6 beta (late to the party i know !) Anyway, I have been using layouts a lot recently in Rhino 5, on both Windows and Mac. For some reason when going to print or save a PDF from the layout window in V6 I get big chunky thick lines ?? I have tried playing with the settings but no joy as yet. In layouts I tend to use the Pen mode for my opening page in perspective, then the next page will be elevations in technical mode.
Do I need to change something in my settings or is this still a known issue ??
(ps, I print or save to PDF in vector)