Excel in Grasshopper: WIP

Check again

Strangely I keep getting an ACCESS DENIED

Copy this folder to C:\Users\........\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\UserObjects

reoexcel.zip (639.9 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m getting an error

“1. Solution exception:An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See <loadFromRemoteSources> Element | Microsoft Learn for more information.”

Seems to be line 19 “clr.AddReferenceToFileAndPath(reogridfile)”

I don’t know about this error, and this plugin for windows only

Do you need to have MS Office installed to make this components work?

No , this use Reogrid dll and it is included

2 Likes

Took a little bit of time to test this components and it’s awesome, however I do need some component to output the modifications made in ReoGrid.

Very handy plugin, even for as simple tasks as inspecting/copying selected indices from the GH lists.
If this tool had a similar search function as in Excel it would be cool.

I think this is possible from the component itself or you can use read write component

I think this is not possible, some features are only for commercial version of Riogrid

I am not sure how I can do this. An example file will be useful. Thank you.

I don’t find a way to output new data in the sheet, but you can save the file, open it, and use the File path component with Synchronize enabled to get the new data when you save the file.

I know it’s better if that happened in real-time. I hope someone finds a way.

ex.gh (44.1 KB)

3 Likes

@anon39580149 would you be able to add High DPI support? I currently cannot see most of the interface, because it is clipped on my 4k monitor in the Rhino 8 WIP:

Hi
You can modify the code anytime, i have no idea about DPI and 4K monitor

Try to use the Pancake MaintainVisualAppearance and see how it works.