Equilateral triangles

So I am trying to make a double curved surface out of equilateral triangles according to this post: polygon composition with hinges – Grasshopper
In this example you can drag the triangle to create a (curved) surface. Is there a way to, instead of dragging the triangles in a particular shape, to have the triangles generated to follow an already curved shape? So it kind of mimics the shape with its boundaries as accurate as possible. Any suggestion is helpful, thanks in advance.

ps.: attached file is the one out of the post mentioned above.
TriangulateSurface2.gh (14.1 KB)

They probably won’t be equilateral triangles if you want them to follow a curved surface.

There’s quite a lot of discussion on this on this forum… What tends to happen if you approximate a doubly curved surface with triangles is that they are nearly equilateral but not quite.