Eigenfrequencies and FCrit

I would like to know how these two applications work in the structural design since I try to use them in the model and it reports a message that its txt files have not been found. I would like more details on how to use it.

In general, it was supposed to be used just like the other analysis types. You run an Eigenfrequency or buckling analysis and get the frequencies or buckling values. If the text files for the result components are not found, there is something wrong with the analysis.

Hello Anna.
I am analysing this arched vault for my thesis and the idea is to optimise the shape, but I have the following problems.

1. I can’t optimize the efforts.
  2. How to know the units, especially in the buckling and the eigenvalues.
  3. I don’t know if the procedure I am doing is the optimal one.
    [Boveda_con_Arista.gh|attachment](uplo

ad://k1EERsq79JNfFGkWkbR2kb97DJ0.gh) (38.8 KB)

the values are defined by your input. One unit for length, usually determined by the size of your structure, and one for forces, e.g. kN. Every input, e.g. the Youngs modulus of the material, has to consider that. The output has the same units or the respective combination, e.g. kN/m² for stresses. The buckling value is without unit. It is a scaling factor for the load combination. Buckling occurs when all loads are scaled by this factor. Eigenfrequencies are Hz=1/s. The density value has to chosen w.r.t. the force unit. (kN → t, N–>kg).
The procedure depends on your optimization variables and goal.