Deleted items reappear

I hope someone can help me here, because something weird seems to be happening. I am preparing to issue a set of drawings, and thought it is a good time to tidy up my title block. I adjusted text sizes, standardized my Annotation Styles, and put in document data fields for Title, Project, and Document Number. I am happy enough with how it looks, it’s an improvement anyway. So I save the title block geometry as a file near the top of my hierarchy, so it’s easily available to other documents.

I didn’t create a block within the file, I understand that this leads to problems. I then insert the file as a block in the layout of the document requiring a title block. For some reason, the old text from the previous version of the file is still visible when I insert the file into a layout.

I can’t figure out what is going on here. I have gone back to the Title Block file, there are no hidden layers. I have used the Show command to ensure nothing is hidden. I have looked at all the views in case I somehow put stuff somewhere other than the c-plane. Nothing there. There are no block definitions in the title block file. I created a new test file for inserting the block in case there were hidden old block definitions on my documents. The extraneous text is still there. Can anyone suggest what I’m doing wrong? Probably something glaringly obvious is my usual experience :roll_eyes:.

Files attached:

A4 Title Block Landscape.3dm (3.7 MB)
Title Block Test.3dm (3.7 MB)

hi Frank,

this is a bit mysterious indeed. Copy-pasting the content to a new file seems to solve it, hth:
A4 Title Block Landscape2.3dm (96.5 KB)

Thank you Gijs. I can now get on with the work and leave the mystery solving to others.