Curve & surface modeling/ Move CV/Move CV tool

Hi Serge - Here’s what I do, for what it is worth- (I agree that it is not exactly seamless and any specific suggestions are welcome- I’ve been moaning to the developer about making ControlPolygon drag mode a little handier and he’s done some nice things in the V6 code for this in the past couple of days)

• I have ControlPolygon drag mode on an alias. The drag modes can be toggled on and off by the same alias because they are set up so that if you set the same drag mode twice in a row, it sets it back to the default (CPlane). BTW, I find I use ControlPolygon drag mode much more than UVN. Using Ctrl-Drag in this mode moves points normal. Multiple selected points move each on its own normal or control polygon, so you can move rows towards and away from each other fairly easily.

• I have gumball toggle on and off as well. Gumball does not have a drag threshold and when set to align to objects sets the blue arrow, when used on control points, to the surface normal.

• I keep MoveUVN open.

Altogether this makes a kind of control point editing mode. Incidentally, I made a little plug-in, posted in this thread:

that might also be of interest - I find it helpful anyway…

-Pascal