Curtain Wall Facade

Hello Experts,

I am new in grasshopper. I mad one facade with spandrels & Vision glass. I don’t know how to split spandrel & vision in two different surfaces? Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Also suggest whether m using correct method or not?
Facade _2.gh (35.8 KB)

Welcome @m.vhora,

You were on the right track to accomplish your goal. There was only some more data juggling required. :wink:

There are many ways to accomplish this though.

Facade _3.gh (41.4 KB)

1 Like

It helps a lot, thank you!!!

Sir, Can you explain y you use two time merge command?

Sure!

With the first Merge, I join the horizontal “floor” lines with the “spandrel” lines. Since in both lists, the lines are already sorted from bottom to top on the z-axis, we end up up with a new list of alternating “floor” and “spandrel” lines. Note how grafting is required to get that specific item rhythm.

Now, I use the Shift to offset all items of the new line list by one. This means that a new list is created with the second item of the initial list at index 0 (the first place). Since I’ve set Wrap to False the item/line that was originally at index 0 isn’t appended to the end of the new, shifted list. This is also why the loft later returns a null item!

Merging both grafted lists, gives us a tree of line pairs, consisting of a line from the first and a line of the shifted list each. The last pair includes only a single line from the first list, since the shifted list is one item short in comparison to the other list.

The tree of individual line pairs can now be lofted to get the horizontal surface strips.
Note how only managing list and tree structures got us there.
The null item is finally removed with Clean. This is not necessarily required, but I like to keep my data tidy.

Thank you sir for explaining it, It helps a lot!