Creating Space Frame from 2 surfaces using lunchbox

Hey there,
I’m new to Rhino & Grasshopper.I want to create a spaceframe inbetween these two surfaces.I’m using lunchbox plugin.Both surfaces are same and both surfaces have control points out of the surfaces because of that space frame is creating outside area of surfaces.Looking for help to fix this issue I only need spaceframe inside the surfacearea,

Thanks!

These are not Surfaces. They are BrepFaces (i.e. a Surface with Trim(s): i.e. sheet like “Surface” with one Outer Loop (as Curve) and maybe some Inner Loops (as Curves)). In order to restrict results you should check truss nodes for containment VS the BrepFaces (or one BrepFace if you are sure that are the “same”).

In real-life the containment is related with the quad set of nodes: say reject the quad if just one node is not contained (or use some other rule). When dealing with similar trusses via code we use a nullable Tree (where items are either Points or nulls - so the check is easier to code).

Anyway if you want a C# that does that notify

Thank you so much for reply ! Can you suggest tutorial or something that create spaceframe using contours insted of this method. I know how to make series of contours using "deconstruct Brep " node and “Contour” node.But i don’t know how to use that data to make a spaceframe.

Thanks

I have at least 50 complete solutions for any truss imaginable (by complete read: ready to build BIM driven things including 1:1 details (not using Rhino - obviously)). But … I’m not the right person to help you and/or to answer questions like these. Because I do whatever I want solely via code (C#) thus any advise/guideline it would be 1++M miles away from what you expect. Unless you want to walk the coding walk (think twice for that one).

In the mean time a few Tips (assuming that you are in the AEC market sector):

1. NEVER go after a Truss if you are not able to deal with the thing up to 1:1 detail. Even if you are a student … if you follow that line of thought you’ll pay a very heavy price (related with your salary) at some future time.
  2. A Truss without connectivity is a nothing thing.
  3. Better work with Meshes. Because dealing with Conn is “easier” (so to speak).
  4. A Truss using some Blob as “template” requires clash checks (between the real-life 3D members - NOT lines and the likes). Have in mind that a Truss is just the start (the envelope follows).
  5. Avoid using a 2nd “template” (in your case Surface). See possiblities for the W depth using a single Mesh: i.e. do some rules or use some attractors … etc etc. All the cases shown have variable W depth.
  6. Any “organic” quad Truss demands planarity checks.

Hi @Umanga_Wanasinghe ,

Perhaps this post/script may help you?

If you divide your two “surfaces” equally so that you have consistent points between them you can then use parts of the above script to connect them as a generic starting point for a space frame.