Consistent performance degradation - must be restarted frequently

I witnesed the 100% usage again. Then I ran TestTrace waited for 2 mins and then saved the document. Is this helpful?

rhinotrace_rudi.json (1.6 KB)

Unfortunately this trace file was not helpful for whatever you are experiencing. The spots where we mark information which I would consider likely suspects are not taking up any significant amount of time.

As I mentioned, I only started the trace command once I realized that RH was utilizing 100% of the CPU. Would it be more helpful to run TestTrace whenever I start a new RH session and then save the file, once it uses 100%?

Unfortunately, I don’t think TestTrace is going to catch the issue that you are seeing. @mkarimi recently repeated similar behavior in-house and we were able to somewhat point the finger in a general direction as to what is causing the slowdown. It wasn’t very conclusive though. We are tracking the problem and have it on our bug list as something to try and fix.

RH-74506 is fixed in the latest BETA

1 Like

this appears to be a lot better now.

I’ve gone multiple days without a relaunch and the sluggishness doesn’t appear to be building up over time. I did relaunch today because Grouping started to get laggy but then again, I had about 6 models open and a couple of grasshopper definitions.

I’m still encountering it - latest beta on M2 Max.
The most obvious symptom is the speed in which the command line messages pop up at the bottom left of the screen.

One observation: I’m pretty certain that in the last WIP before the beta release this was a lot better.
Did anyone else notice this?

That one was slow by intent [set up that way by the devs] but it should be on the list to fix as many users complained…

I see. For me it is “ok” fast after starting rhino, but over time gets EXTREMELY slow (20+ seconds to fully show)

We think we have this fixed now. The fix will be in tomorrow’s beta.