Component "Text curves" displays rotated text in ShapeDiver

Hello,

I would like to report this small problem that I encountered with my script. I am using the Text curves and I noticed that if my model gets uploaded, there is a discrepancy (text rotated by PI)

I can overcome it by artificially rotate the text, but it feels weird that I need to do that.

Would you advise to use “Text on surface” instead? I did not use it as it takes approximately 2x the time what the “Text curves” need and I have in my real project lots of strings to render.

Thank you,
Vladimir

I switched the orientation of the text and still no success. :frowning: I also positioned the text so it is aligned by the top left corner with the origin, but then it seems moved just too little.

test_SDtext.gh (23.1 KB)

Is there a way around it while not just by “trial and error”?

Thank you. :slight_smile:

The shared ShapeDiver system is still using Rhino 6, which is causing the issue. When I opened your definition in Rhino 6, I got different results than in Rhino 7 because of backwards compatibility issue.
If you plan to keep a free ShapeDiver account, I suggest you always check your definitions in Rhino 6 before uploading them. On the other hand with a paid ShapeDiver plan, you already have the option to use a Rhino 7 server system if the above workaround does not work for you.

1 Like

Hi Mathieu, thank you for quick response, I will try it out.

We are running the “PRO” version of ShapeDiver, but I do not see the option of switching to Rhino 7:

Is there anything that I am missing?

I will check with my colleague, when he is back from his holidays (as switch to Rhino 7 may have other consequences for our models that I am not aware of). For now I will try to stick with Rhino 7 as I figured a way around the issue, which is fine for now.

Thank you and I will get back to you, after we discuss it internally next week.
Best regards,
Vladimir

PRO accounts are legacy accounts which do not include all new features, and in particular do not give you access to the Rhino 7 servers. You can contact our sales team if you would like to switch to one of our new plans (Designer+ for example would give you all the current features you have plus Rhino 7 and other functionalities as well).

1 Like