Baghdad - September 10-12
ComplexityParameterized is a 3-day workshop for participants with no previous experience in Grasshopper or parametric design techniques. The program introduces both the theoretical and technical knowledge required to explore possibilities of the new design medium.
This workshop is an introductory workshop to parametric design. It will explore tools and techniques of the parametric design space using Grasshopper - the generative modeling plug-in for Rhinoceros. It will also include a lecture and presentations on the subject of complexity in natural systems and how to incorporate it as a design tool. More…
September 10: 09:00-15:00 – lecture + lesson + tutoring
September 11: 09:00-15:00 – lesson + tutoring
September 12: 09:00-15:00 – presentation + lesson + tutoring
Email Hasan Hadi or call 077 17944309
The deadline for registration is September 3, 2017.
The workshop technical tutorials will include:
- Software interface
- Lists & Data Tree: management, manipulation, visualization
- Geometry generation from data stream
- Basic exercises (Attractorfield, Surface subdivision, Morphing)
- Advanced exercise: Data-reactive component – data-reactive tessellation on NURBS surface.
- Data flow: data tree and path mapping
- Mesh syntax and construction
- Mesh tessellation and subdivision tools [Lunchbox & Weaverbird]
- Geometry instantiation – mesh power copy
- Application of the learned techniques in a parametric design exercise.
Software and skills:
Basic modeling skill in Rhino is preferred, but not mandatory. Participants should bring their own laptop with pre-installed software (software download links will be given after subscription).
This workshop is organized by d-NAT