CNC output

Hello Abrahamwechter:

My question is related:
it is possible to go from Rhino to 3D printing?
I am asking this because I find difficult to fix bad meshes.
If is not possible, what mesh fix software do you recommend?
thank you very much for your answer.

Hello - of course, but yes, you need to export good meshes - what problems are you finding?

-Pascal

in big solids I have to split the meshes to produce in 3D printing.
but I cannot split bad meshes, they have to be fix first or go back to surface and re build them
But I think there is software that do mesh repair

Helvetosaur:
do you know a software that fix bad meshes for 3D printing?

This model consist in 3 parts only, but was 3D printed in 4 parts
There were two bad meshes that had to be fix

Well, if the bad meshes are coming from Rhino, 95% of the time it’s your Rhino surface model that is bad which causes the bad meshing. so the first step is to see why your Rhino model is bad (naked edges, bad joins, non-manifold surfaces etc.).

Otherwise for mesh-fixing software, there are many out there, I thinnk the standard for consumer level issues is meshmixer - Netfabb used to also have a free version but not since bought by Autodesk…

Otherwise there is stiil the open source and quite powerful MeshLab
http://www.meshlab.net/

Thank you!

RhinoCAM-MESH is a MecSoft product completely integrated in Rhino for
mesh repair. Feel free to visit our website for product information and to download the demo:
https://mecsoft.com/rhinomesh/
or contact us directly for help evaluating your file: sales@mecsoft.com

If you are running Windows 10, have a look at 3D builder, a basic but capable 3D file repair app that comes with windows 10.
It can repair and split 3D files.
I use it quite often, and don’t Boolean my 3D files for 3D printing in Rhino any more, straight to 3D builder.

I agree with you about Multicam. When they set my machine up, the installer set the “lift” to zero. I had never used a cnc router and every time I tried to cut a part, it would drag across the part. thought I was doing something wrong…I would try to plane the materials, again and again for about a year before I finally discovered the “lift” dialog inside the softwear. A year wasted. Now with the Covid, and people are supposed to be working from home…yeah well…wait 2 hours for a return call and then have to call back because no one calls me. I am looking at Rhino and really happy with what I am seeing. I am trying to figure out if Rhino with create the correct files…seems the Milling section produces nc files and Coreo uses cnc files. I stopped buy parts from multicam because no one was responsive. I found the receptionist old and cold as well as everyone at the place except the shop workers who were always helpful. The company culture starts at the top so…