Circle tan tan rad why no option to click when circle visually as wanted?

Hi,
V5
two lines at an angle to each other, I want a circle tan to both of a certain visual diameter to match my artwork (raster) underneath.

choose circle tan tan rad, click first line , click next, move mouse and when circle at size i want, the only step offered in command line is enter a radius.

well I dont know what the radius is I am seeing, I just wish to click and accept the rad its giving me, click and I get a different circle of rad as was in command line.

Steve

Just use Circle > Tangent option. Click when you see the circle you like.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, that would be the one that says Circle tangent to three curves when icon hovered with mouse ?

it allows me to pick first line , then pick 2nd, move mouse see circle I want then instead of picking a third line as icon says, I click and then hit enter and get the circle I want.

That name though means I dont naturally reach for it., only if I have three lines.

The one that is the ‘natural’ thought choice is tangent tangent radius as that is what I seem to be doing, step should read enter radius or click to accept visual choice.

More intuitive.

Just my suggestion :slight_smile:

Steve

i think Pascal means the regular Circle icon.
(by default, it’s going to be center+radius but via the command line, you can choose the Tangent option)…

so _Circle command with Tangent option

[quote]
The one that is the ‘natural’ thought choice is tangent tangent radius as that is what I seem to be doing, step should read enter radius or click to accept visual choice.[/quote]

you can actually use Tan-Tan-Rad the way you’re expecting though maybe it’s not obvious at first.

if you do exactly this:
• click on first line.
• click on second line.
• click anywhere
• begin moving the mouse.

when your preview line is within the range of lengths which will work as a radius, a visually/movable circle will be shown.

• click again when you like how it looks.