Change the location of command feedback

Hi,
Is it possible to change the location of the small panel that confirms a command at the bottom left of the screen? It seems to interfere with workflow as it covers the different view choices.
Joe

Hi Joe -

That is not possible, no.
You can prevent this from appearing by creating a new docked container that holds the Command History panel.
-wim

1 Like

Got it, thanks.

Do I have to create a container for history each time I open R8?

Hi Joe -

No. When you create a container, that should stick around between restarts of Rhino. If that is not happening to you, please provide more information on the steps that you are taking.

Apart from that, when you modify the default window layout by creating new containers, adding or removing toolbars or panels from existing containers, etc., it is recommended to save (and possibly export) your custom layout so that you can switch between different layouts, use the same custom layout on different machines, or just as a backup in case something goes wrong.
-wim

OK, thanks. I found the container by clicking on the three lines at the bottom left of the window.

Hi Joe -

That doesn’t sound completely correct.
You’ll need to create a new container for this to work. The easiest way to do this, is by finding the “Command History” panel, either through the “Window” menu item, or from one of the gears in the default containers.
Then drag that panel onto the viewports to create a new container for this panel, then dock that container where you want.
This is how I’ve got that set up on my Mac in one of my custom window layouts:

-wim

Thanks again.