Can some one help me with this loft?

Loft_Help.gh (10.7 KB)

Hallo, I have a project i’m working on and i cant get it to loft properly. It creates two seperate lofts and I dont know how to fix it (im new to rhino/grasshopper). can some one help me out? thanks.

Data trees and sequence :bangbang: You must know what your data is doing.

Loft_2024Apr2a.gh (6.2 KB)

1 Like

if you hover the mouse arrow over the Curve input of the Loft component, you will see the data structure being input:

as you can see, it’s two different branches: {0} and {0;0} so your output will match accordingly

if you are at the beginning of your journey a very precious advice would be to never shift+connect multiple wires in the same output, but keep things organized and readable with Merge, as nicely shown by Joseph :+1:

1 Like

Thanks that what I was looking for :slight_smile:

The reason I used ‘Flatten’ here was to match data tree paths of the other two circles, {0} instead of {0;0}. It’s not the only way and some would say it’s not the “correct” way, but it’s expedient and gets the job done as required by Loft, having all five circles in the same branch. A more elaborate data tree would require more elaborate methods to resolve the path differences.

Sequence of curves (circles in this case) is a separate matter. I had to look carefully to see which sequence made the most sense.