Hi all, I’d like to fire off unit tests fairly frequently while developing rhino python code in VS code.
This involves two challenges
- What the best practice for sending python code into rhino?
- How should I best mock up user input?
It looks like Rhino inside could be an answer for both items - it handles reloading libraries, can build a headless rhino environment, and - as far as I understand it - can let me simulate user input (in the worst case I could mock Rhino.Input). It might even be possible to put everything in a nice clean docker imagine.
- can we run rhino python scripts outside of rhino?
- has anyone done this for the purpose of testing user facing rhino scripts?
- if so, could they share the recipe or a repo that has appropriate text fixtures in place?