C# in Visual Audio Code on Mac

Is there a way to write C# code in Visual Audio Code on OSX? This forum page describes how to do it on Windows, but I’m not sure how to make the connection to the RhinoCommon.dll, which doesn’t seem to be included in the Mac Rhino install.

Hello, as your link is about Visual Studio, I’ll assume it’s what you are talking about.
Here is a very detailed guide with how to write C# code in macOS using Visual Studio and accessing rhinocommon : https://developer.rhino3d.com/6/guides/rhinocommon/installing-tools-mac/
Best,
Félix

Incorrect the link is about Visual Studio Code, which is a lightweight text editor, not an IDE. You can download this on all common operating systems. I don’t own a Mac, so I cannot help, this is a howto for using C# as a script language in Rhino, which is not possible by default. Examples are for Windows.

Right, I read it too fast. Anyway, I don’t see why this wouldn’t work on mac. I did not try to do this connection yet, but if @daysam14’s only problem is to access RhinoCommon.dll, here is the address of this file in your computer : /Applications/Rhino 7.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/RhinoCommon.dll

Ok, I don’t think I will be able to help here. I got this error message :

Exception occured
Message: Compiler failed to produce the assembly. Output: '/Applications/Rhino 7.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Versions/Current/Frameworks/Mono64Rhino.framework/Versions/6.12.0/Resources/bin/mcs /target:library /debug- /optimize+ /out:"/var/folders/lp/tmhnflz95v31g9wm15nyb9gw0000gn/T/tlgzyhr6.dll" /r:"/Applications/Rhino\ 7.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/RhinoCommon.dll" /noconfig  -- "/var/folders/lp/tmhnflz95v31g9wm15nyb9gw0000gn/T/tlgzyhr6.0.cs" 

/Applications/Rhino 7.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Versions/Current/Frameworks/Mono64Rhino.framework/Versions/6.12.0/Resources/bin/mcs: line 3: /Applications/Rhino: No such file or directory
/Applications/Rhino 7.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Versions/Current/Frameworks/Mono64Rhino.framework/Versions/6.12.0/Resources/bin/mcs: line 3: exec: /Applications/Rhino: cannot execute: No such file or directory
'

Traceback:
  line 26, in , "/[mypath]/RHINO_CS/compileCSharp.py"

It looks like some code is trying to access an out-of-date version of Rhino, but I can’t understand which, sorry.