Bring Dark Mode for Windows Rhino

We’ve seen the dark mode of Rhino for Mac. I think it’s time to bring dark mode into Windows. It is clear that Windows does not bring a uniform dark mode interface to the win32 program. But, despite this, Adobe has long provided a dark pattern for its programs. Dark windows are even supported in the latest Adobe Acrobat , if Windows’ color mode is dark.

There is no doubt that, given that Windows does not provide uniform dark menus and standard controls, many controls will remain white, especially with the windows built with Windows controls. But the parts built with non-standard controls can provide a thoroughly dark look. The appearance of the rhino has not been updated for many years. I think just providing a complete dark mode doesn’t get too much work, and while we’re all looking forward to a complete redesign, it’s already exciting to go back and get a dark look.

Well the icon will not be a problem,Rhino for Mac has sloved this porblem.

I submitted a feedback in the Windows Feedback app asking Microsoft to bring a complete dark pattern to all Win32 programs, linked address https://aka.ms/AA6y7ih (Chinese), welcome Windows Insider users to vote on the proposal, technically it doesn’t have to be difficult, just modify the *.msstyles file(location is C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero)—— Although we still expect Microsoft to use FDS (Microsoft Fluent Design System) to reconstruct the appearance of the entire system, there is no doubt that this is a huge project. I still look forward to introducing a dark appearance for all Win32 programs.

2 Likes

If this was true, we would already have a windows dark mode don’t you think?

This is indeed the case, it depends on whether you can accept the situation, the whole Windows is mixed with Win32 controls of different ages from Windows 98- XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7-8, Windows 10, and UWP from Windows 8 Control, if Microsoft will not solve this problem in a short time, then the best way is to introduce dark mode to Win32 programs. After all, it is easier to change the color than to make so many interfaces refactoring.

This is indeed the case, it depends on whether you can accept the situation, the whole Windows is mixed with Win32 controls of different ages from Windows 98- XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7-8, Windows 10, and UWP from Windows 8 Control, if Microsoft will not solve this problem in a short time, then the best way is to introduce dark mode to Win32 programs. After all, it is easier to change the color than to make so many interfaces refactoring.