Yes, that is the sacrifice I might have to make, however this issue happens with many other surfaces along the pipe so I would have to develop some algorithm to blend curves within a given tolerance or something.
Weirdly enough when I bake them and try to split them in rhino, it doesn’t work unless I move the surface a small given amount. Really weird.
Understanding why it fails would be the most important thing so I would be able to get the precise curves to be used later in the file.
this comes from my personal experience and nothing more: whenever I execute split/booleans/trims of surface where the split-line happens to be exactly over the existing seam of one of the geometries to be split, that splitting/boolean operation fails consistently
in your case, I see that most of the seam-line of the pipe travels where the splitting line of the planar surfaces will be:
I tried to trim the pipe so there was no self-intersection but it didn’t work.
My not perfect but working solution was to either move the surface (far from ideal), extend the surface (also not ideal), or rebuild the surface which is close to ideal, just not 100% perfect but good enough