NeilE
April 12, 2024, 6:55pm
1
I’m using the ‘Blend’ material for the first time, which I’ve only just noticed.
At 0.50 Blend Amount and under, it appears 100% Material 1. At 0.51 and over, it appears 100% Material 2.
I’ve wanted a way to have multiple color/diffuse textures for years, but this doesn’t seem to work for me.
nathanletwory
(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory)
April 12, 2024, 8:32pm
2
Rendered mode doesn’t do Blend material yet ( RH-70280 Blend material does not work in the display )
It does work in Raytraced and Rhino Render though
Blend amount doesn’t appear to do much in Raytraced/Rhino Render when you have a texture set, though. But it does work when no texture is set.
Czaja
(Jakub Czajczynski)
July 23, 2024, 3:26pm
3
I was experimenting with the Rhino 9 WIP GH material nodes and noticed this. I hope it can be solved soon, it’s very tempting to play with some more complex materials, but working inside Raytracing mode is a bit too heavy for my computer.
brian
(Brian Gillespie)
June 2, 2026, 9:45pm
4
RH-70280 is fixed in Rhino WIP
yelenaye
(Yelen)
July 17, 2026, 1:50am
5
will this make it to Mac?
thnx!
brian
(Brian Gillespie)
July 17, 2026, 5:03am
6
It should be on both Windows and Mac.
yelenaye
(Yelen)
July 17, 2026, 2:32pm
7
currently when blending 2 textures:
for example:
gradient + grit bump (on left) works great
gradient + tile (on right) doesn’t work
most blending between ‘textures’ don’t work at all with very few exceptions (like 1 mentioned above)
it’d be nice to create texture combos like below: mixing gradient with non-bump or custom bitmaps