BlazingNest - Open Source nesting platform - free

BlazingNest

BlazingNest is a free and open-source plugin for Rhino 3D that generates borders and marks of selected parts and orients them on the XY plane so that they can be fed to a CNC cutting machine. This plugin simplifies the process of preparing designs for CNC cutting, making it easy for users to create precise and accurate cuts.

Features

BlazingNest offers a variety of advanced features for analyzing and optimizing the nesting process. Some of its key features include:

• Automatic generation of borders and marks for selected parts
  • Orientation of parts on the XY plane for CNC cutting
  • Intersection graph analysis to identify connected components and calculate boundary components
  • Scaling and orienting surfaces based on the centroid of the Brep for improved accuracy and efficiency
  • Support for various file formats, including DXF and CSV
  • And more!

Installation

To install BlazingNest, simply download the latest release from the releases page and follow the installation instructions. BlazingNest is compatible with Rhino 6 and Rhino 7 on Windows.

Usage

BlazingNest is designed to be simple and intuitive to use. Simply select the parts you wish to nest, specify your desired settings, and BlazingNest will do the rest! For more detailed instructions and tutorials, please refer to the BlazingNest documentation.

License

BlazingNest is released under the MIT license, which means it is free and open-source software.

Paid Software

If you are looking for more advanced features, we also offer a paid software called Ship Designer, which can be found on our YouTube channel.

Contributing

We welcome contributions from anyone who is interested in improving BlazingNest! If you would like to contribute, please read our contributing guidelines and then create a pull request.

Contact

If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to contact us.

Output :

Price : Free

Full version : YouTube
Download on Food4rhino : Blazing Nest - Free open source nesting soluion | Food4Rhino

If you find it helpful → https://ko-fi.com/rhinocerosdevit

Source code : GitHub - iwishyouwerehere/BlazingNestFree: Free nesting for Rhinoceros

It is a limited version of our commercial software Ship Designer - YouTube, however It is complitely free even though limited as in features (It will nest only 1 object at a time) and output quality is lower.

The free software will : Generate the borders and marks of selected parts and orient them on XY plane so that they can be fed to a CNC cutting machine

The paid software : Ship Designer - YouTube

1 Like

I just watched the YT video you posted. If I understand correctly this plugin transforms the poly-surfaces into contour lines? It is possible to make the resulting curves to inherit all the original poly-surface attributes like name and object Keys/Values?

Yes that is possible, check this out

This is the full version which extracts all the attributes and makes it a perfect CNC cut with minimal machine movement, marks directions, layers, colors, marks names, object names, orientation.
My contact email is f.serragedine@shipdesign.it
I can customize it to fit your needs easily @Macuso

1 Like

Hi Farouk,

Looks good and great that you are able to share this as a free plugin!
Does the plugin only work on planar parts, or are single and double curved plates flattened as well?

Thanks
-Willem

Hi Willem,
It is possible to also nest curved parts and generate templates with a very high degree of precision.

Thanks for the quick reply,
I was asking about the part itself, does the plugin expand/unroll plates that are single or double curved?

-Willem

Hi Willem,
The plugin can expand single/double curvature parts (like shell plating, bent flatbars and so on), however that is not possible in the free version.
Thank you for your interest in our plugin.

1 Like