Backup software

Its a good idea to read the comments, they are mostly positive, although a few users have significant concern.
I honestly don’t use BackBlaze myself, I was considering it more for corporate use. If they can send you media with your files for an additional fee, that might not be a bad trade off. The issue we are having with Google Drive is that we cannot download files that are large (more than a few GBs). We have unlimited use with Google Drive but that useless it we cannot rely on it as an archive.

For anyone using Google Drive, I know that using the Google Drive desktop app can improve the downloads for larger files; however, we are still having some issues with that.

BACKUP GLOSSARY
A drive (a.k.a. disk) is a physical device that holds data. It can contain multiple partitions (a.k.a. volumes) of different sizes. Images are contents of partitions. An image must be mounted before it can be displayed because it is a collection of files made by a backup program. There are small differences between the volumes and the partitions. Volumes have names (e.g., G:) and can be displayed. Partitions cannot be displayed.

TYPICAL BACKUP SCHEDULE
First backup is full. (It holds all data.) Following backups are incremental. (Incremental backups hold new data only because the first backup holds old data.) Approximately 8 incremental backups are replaced with one differential backup. (I call it small cycle.) Approximately 4 differential backups are replaced with another full backup. (I call it big cycle.) The new full backup replaces the first full backup and the big cycle is repeated. (Good backup programs perform all these backups automatically.)

RAR archive format supports a special type of redundant data called the recovery record. Presence of recovery record makes an archive larger, but allows to repair it even in case of physical data damage due to disk failure or data loss of other kind, provided that the damage is not too severe. Such damage recovery can be done with Repair archive command. ZIP archive format does not support the recovery record.

storage media life expectancy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA9Xq7hb6Q0

Bit rot is a myth. I have been using 2.5-inch external hard disks made by Toshiba since 2009 and I have never had single data error.

Maybe a completely different approach is (mis-)using GitLFS. The advantage is that you version control your data and that you are forced to frequently select the important data, and not just dump anything into the cloud. It protects you effectively against encryption malware. The drawback is the price, Gb limit when using a cloud hosted version (e.g. Github LFS) and the steeper learning curve (Git in general). But I guess its not so easy to reach the limits, if you only dump important data.