Al Janoub Stadium By Zaha Hadid

Al-Janoub Stadium, formerly known as Al-Wakrah Stadium (Arabic: ملعب الجنوب‎), is a football stadium in Al-Wakrah, Qatar that was inaugurated on 16 May 2019. This is the second among the eight stadiums for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, after the renovation of Khalifa International Stadium. It was designed by Iraqi-British architect Zaha Hadid together with the firm AECOM. The stadium features a curvilinear postmodernist and neo-futurist design. The appearance of the roof was inspired by the sails of traditional Dhow boats, used by pearl divers from the region, weaving through currents of the Persian Gulf.

This is my try replicating the geometry.

7 Likes

This text is lifted verbatim from Wikipedia. Is there any point to this thread?

1 Like

i would suggest to suggest to place in the gallery.

Without any GH code? Nah. I don’t see the poiint.

Yeah. I think his intention to post this in the Gallery it seems. Because he posted this in old forum too.

1 Like

thats the point of a gallery i think, to show results and not necessarily the work in progress.
well it seems somebody has changed it for him. thanks admins :wink:

Or how it was accomplished. Ooh-ah.

if you strictly want to believe in that

I apologize for posting it in the forums or query section . My intention was to post it in the gallery only. I am new to this forum and didn’t knew till date that this forum has a gallery feature too. Sorry once again :slight_smile:

Hi @dhruvinkataria786 and welcome to this forum,

no need for apologize and thank you for sharing your work.

4 Likes