Absurd entering of Email two times for every license

Hi

we just received our licenses for Rhino 8 and i started adding those to our local Lan ZOO.
But after the second license i realized i have to enter my E-Mail address every time. Manually. I cannot copy and paste.
So is there a way to prefill this so i don’t have to enter my E-Mail 120 times?

BR

I was told by support they disabled paste intenionally, to prevent email typos.

Another mass license entry tip -

If the add license dialog box isn’t finding/ remembering Registered owner and organization -
As of the Zoo8 SR2 released November 2023

32 bit Zoo8 is looking for owner/org string values under 32 bit hive, not the 64 bit hive.
verify owner/ org String values exist under WOW6432Node

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion`
RegisteredOrganization REG_SZ
RegisteredOwner REG_SZ

Yeah, of course. It’s logical.

But do they have to be 10x, 20x, 50x or maybe 120x be sure the email is the same?
Would be really appreciated if someone from McNeel could explain this.

Thanks

McNeel considered double email as a UI / UX problem before - in Zoo 5 or 6.
and my guess is a decision was made to (overcorrect) support cases of people accidentally registering to a mis-entered email

ZO-119
Created byKelvin Chengalmost 7 years ago
Updated byKelvin Chengalmost 7 years ago

Remember the email address

Every time I add a license to the Zoo, I have to input my email address two times. This doesn’t work well for customers that have many licenses to add. Zoo should remember the email address that was entered.
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/ZO-119/Remember-the-email-address.

I would encourage admins to take the time to send a quick and friendly “me too” email to mcneel for
newly opened issue, “ZO-310 Zoo doesn’t store name/email in proper location”

ie - Get a ticket opened or it didn’t happen.

Admins may only google these forums every 2 years when there is a new version of Zoo

Lan Zoo is supposed to be nice and boring.
We’re not exactly expecting a WIP to see new and exciting ways of registering, validating licenses.

This reminds me of the design choice ~10 years ago to use port 80 to “make things easier” for customers.

By the time admins from institutions, larger networks , posted change requests ,
the design choice was already locked in.

Who could have possibly predicted port 80 would create so many conflicts ? [ light sarcasm ]

I deleted my post above and somehow stumbled over this topic again.

I’m using Autohotkey to paste my email adress and it works fine in the licensing window.