UVW map exporting to FBX

This is terrific. Thank you, ivanescu_andrei!

This confirms some of my original notions about exporting to UE4 (and even Max and other programs from Rhino). I have been using OBJ, and this file format seems to be the most reliable (axes and all).

I wasn’t aware of the tangent polysurface faces, however, so thank you for pointing that out to me. The baked in texture mapping is also a great feature now that UE4 supports it!

I have noticed that OBJs are imported at a scale different from the scale at which they were constructed. This has been a recent issue for me. I am doing architectural visualizations with Rhino and UE4, so it is critical that the scale is correct. I have experimented with a workflow that moves from Rhino -> Blender -> UE4 (via *.FBX format) where the objects simply need to be scaled by 100 (Blender Units -> UE4 Units), but this is an undesirable workflow for a few reasons. One reason is that the origin point seems hard to maintain.

Anyway, if you can help me out with the OBJ scaling issue, then I should be able to bypass Blender and import straight from Rhino into UE4. All of these file importing/exporting acrobatics seem so ridiculous sometimes! I like Rhino too much to switch programs, though.