Unable to fillet this edge but why?

Hi.
Mark, how do I view the Jing video at a size I can see all of it, ? I cant see it without scrolling up down and left right and so cant view it.
I love videos and thanks so v much for this, but for the first time ever, its half as big again as my screen zie, and I am running 1920 x 1200 which is BIG !

what I can see…
at 1:32 you select the end of the gulley and not the adjoining surface but the side of the cylinder, prior to that you did select the thin adjoining surface, it only gave a small fillet and didnt run along the entire semicircular end, I wouldnt have thought to choose a surface that wasnt adjoining, why was this selected ?
at 1:44 you avoid selecting the rounded tip and the adjoining surface, again following the edge round I would have picked them, so why do that ?

Do I understand it correctly that if I had chosen a different radius than 1 for the centre four edges, I could use a greater fillet radius ?
I tidied up my shape as per Stratosfear yet it fails with FilletSrf even with a small radius.

Maybe that was why.

McNeel…developers…As we are at V6, why is such an important command not dealt with and firing on all four cylinders by now…reading the comments on the pros and cons of it.

Steve