Turning off the grid

I just reloaded my software. Every time I do this the grid seems to display when go to shaded mode, regardless of whether it is turned off or not. I have lost track of the technique for turning it off so I can display in shaded mode without seeing the grid. Can someone tell me what the trick is?

Thanks,
Michael Deimen

I have, by the way, already gone to options and turned the grid off there.

Hi Michael - the grid is- unfortunately, maybe - controlled by DocumentProperties > Grid and per display mode (Options > View > Display modes >Shaded > Grid , in your case. One of the settings in the display mode grid settings is 'Use document setting" - that should set things the way I think you want it. Any luck?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for responding.

The setting in (Rhino Options>Appearance>Advanced Settings>Shaded>Grid) was already set to “Use Document Setting”. I tried setting it to “Use Mode Specific Settings” once just to see what would happen and turned the grid off there. It didn’t work so I put it back to use Mode Specific Settings.

I seem to recall that this was a pretty simple and obvious thing the last time it cropped up. I just can’t remember what it was. I don’t know if it matters, but the curves and lines I use to build objects are also displaying when I shade. This usually doesn’t happen either.

Best,
Michael D.

that should do it (i’m hearing you as saying you don’t won’t the grid to appear in shaded mode… and you want it like that in all files… right?)

in display mode options, chose shaded… then do what you did changing to mode specific and turning the grid off…
i’m on mac but it will look something like this:

now when you set a viewport to shaded mode, the grid won’t show up… maybe try it again?

Ah- V4 then? I don’t have V4 here, I’ll check in the morning… Still, it seems to me that should do it- when in shaded mode, does F7 not toggle the grid on and off?

-Pascal

Hi Jeff,

I have to wait to get home tonight to try your solution. I’ll let you know what comes of it.

Thanks
Michael Deimen

Hi Pascal,

Gotta wait to get home tonight to try your F7 solution. I’ll let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Michael Deimen