Time for a sedative

Correct - one shots override the persistents for one pick.

-Pascal

Very good. Thanks. btw, Iā€™d found a setting that controlled the zoom ratio of the mouse wheel. I can no longer find it. Where is that? Iā€™m presently set to .95 and Iā€™d like to slow it down further.

Maybe you can describe exactly how you move things ā€œorthogonallyā€. That might be one cause of the problem.

ā€“Mitch

I use the gumball arrows.

Rhinoceros > Preferences > View: Zoom Scale Factor

Do you know if youā€™re actually snapping the end of the curve youā€™re moving to the place you want on the perpendicular line? --Mitch

I use this option for the middle mouse button so they.re always close and ready:

Of course. Senior moment it is. Thanks.

Yes. After dragging a copy along the axis, I use the move tool to grab it at the end and place it on the spot it needs to be. In this case at the intersection, end, quaddrant.

Once you have started the move command and started dragging the object, if you tap the ā€˜Tabā€™ keyboard button then the drag direction is locked. Used with ortho on, in this case, the end-pt of the curve being moved will end up aligned with the destination pt as opposed to on it, so any slight mis-alignment of the destination wonā€™t affect the ortho movement.

I forgot about the tab key. Iā€™ll use that with the copy command which is just grand. Iā€™m running the mac version of R so Iā€™m not sure if the file is .rui, is that a windows thing?

Someone else can tell us how the Mac version works, but in the Windows version, access to the toolbar ā€˜save asā€™ is from the properties dialog and the file you create resides in the McNeel/Rhinoceros/5.0/UI folder shown below.

I recorded a short screencast that might be of interest to you. Iā€™m not sure why you want to build your geometry by projecting lines. Thinking that this might be an artifact of your previous experience with CAD Iā€™m suggesting another way for you to look at the object developmentā€¦not judging though.

Chris

1 Like

Per emilioā€™s comment above I would double check your tolerance settings.
This sounds like an issue you might have if you are trying to draw something in mm and your tolerance settings are set to large object feet.

http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/faqtolerances

As a newer user I would take the time to read the users guide. It will help you better understand the architecture of the program.

This is a very worrying thing to read as I need to move an object perfect up with the Gumball I set it to Align to World. If this is not true I sure hope i have not screwed up any buildings!!